Buildcorp has started on site to restore the historic Campbell’s Stores development in The Rocks, Sydney Harbour. The $32 million heritage refurbishment will bring the State Heritage listed building, built in 1839, back to its former glory and modernise its amenities, accessibility and connectivity to the Harbour area.
Buildcorp is working in partnership with client Tallawoladah Pty Ltd and Property NSW, as well as other local authorities to achieve the vision to restore and protect the heritage features, and ensure the development is fit for the future as an enhanced destination dining precinct. The project team will work with heritage consultants to implement processes that identify and work sensitively with the archaeological and heritage significant elements.
Along with the heritage restoration of the façade, roof and internal areas, the project scope covers: demolition of existing tenancy fit-outs, an archaeological dig prior to excavation works, new building services, new external dining paving, new external toilets and internal amenities, new lifts and accessibility features.
Protecting the heritage and structure
The whole transformation will be complete for a re-opening in late 2018, where the revived dining and entertainment precinct, and the surrounding public domain, will give the area a new lease of life.